Thursday, September 17, 2009

A friendly scolding from Chris:

... Furthermore, reveal your own agile mind by posting your own thoughts. I am a longtime friend of yours, and I know you have many rants worth reading if you would only take the time to write them. It would be much more fun to visit this blog if you unloaded personal ideas. As always, you will take my suggestions with a grain of salt and tell me they do not apply to you.

I am going to dance with danger here and give you your "Fishing While Naked" poem, written by me after a long talk with you about heroism and swine. I dare you to post it.

Fishing While Naked

You cast your pearls before swine when you tell me I am heroic
but I wear them with pride for even pigs love pearls
I am at my best when casting my line
hither and yon, the naked self in search of the big fighting fish
more loving than any hooker
is my hook, line, and sinker
I am sick of pretending all is fine for it isn’t
I am sick of swimming in the undercurrent
of the world when all I wanted was someone
to love me as the swine I am
do not tell me I am heroic unless you are willing
to see the fierce brute self who shivers in the cold
bleak but honest
casting a line in hope

No comments:

Post a Comment